Thursday, February 26, 2015

Cravings

Both Steven and I seem to be having some pretty fierce cravings the past two evenings. We usually allowed ourselves some sort of sweet treat after dinner, and this is proving to be the hardest habit to break. We are holding strong, but I think we're swapping out sweet treats for salty ones like potato chips. I need to curb that. I was trying to hold off a few more weeks before I attempted baking some cookies or brownies with dextrose, but I may give in this weekend and try something out.

I did finally find a breakfast that the boys both happily ate. I made homemade waffles, with dextrose instead of sugar. The recipe only called for one tablespoon, and I just swapped it out for one tablespoon of dextrose. The kids didn't seem to notice, and I had one and thought it was pretty good as well. Fresh strawberries on top definitely helped make it a yummy breakfast, albeit a bit labor intensive for a school morning. However, the recipe said I could keep the extra batter in the fridge and use it to make more, so I'm going to try that for the next few mornings. I think fresh will taste better than frozen and reheated. They always seem to get soggy that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment