Tuesday, February 17, 2015

T minus one day

Tomorrow is the big day. Steven and I are really for it. We've admittedly gone a little over board in the past week, knowing this was coming up. I think I've eaten more sweets in one week than I had in the past three months. So we're both ready for a cleaner diet. Like my Weight Watcher leader always says, "if you eat crap, you feel like crap." Right now, we feel like crap. However, Steven just left for a last minute store run for ice cream. One last time right? At least for a very long time. 

Tomorrow morning we'll both be weighing in and taking body measurements. I won't be posting those here, but I will post updates as to how much we've lost along the way. I don't feel it's necessary to weigh my kids, since I'm hoping they'll keep gaining rather than lose.  They're both at perfectly healthy weights, and I don't want to even get them thinking about that side of this. 

Sam seems to be on board with the no sugar adventure. He went grocery shopping with Steven yesterday, ( a rarity for both of them!) and apparently really got into searching for sugar on the labels. Although just now I told him no more apple juice, and he was quite surprised to find that it had sugar in it. He thought it was just apples. I guess I need to give him a basic lesson in the breakdown of fructose vs. glucose. Lucky me. 

So, tomorrow morning it all goes live! Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment