Friday, February 20, 2015

Days 2 & 3

Thursday went really well. Both Steven and I succeeded in being completely sugar free. The boys had more frozen waffles for breakfast, but no syrup, much to Luke's dismay. I managed to get my oven clean, and made roast chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy, as well as another loaf of bread. Steven started experiencing some headaches, they sound similar to what I've gone through before during caffeine withdrawals. Luckily Tylenol seems to be helping them.

Friday was another crazy day. It started out well, Sam had more waffles, they're almost gone now. I made eggs and toast for the rest of us. Luke did have a small amount of ketchup on his eggs. I'm going to have to slowly wean him off that as well.  Then I went grocery shopping, and spent an arm and a leg on produce and dairy it seems like. I came home and had just enough time to put everything away, pack a bag of snacks, and have a quick lunch before I headed out the door again. I picked Sam up at school, ( he had a minimum day) and then we headed to our old town to have a park play date, about 40 minutes away.  The boys happily ate strawberries and cheese sticks, and some almond crackers I found. All was going well until Luke got sand thrown in his eyes. After 45 minutes of continuous crying, I was finally able to get his eyelid up and see there was still sand in it. So, off we went to the local walk in clinic, while Sam thankfully stayed with our friends. Two hours later Luke's eye was given the all clear, thankfully no scratches, and the doctor was able to get all the sand out. We headed back to get Sam, and my friend was sweet to make us all dinner. We had homemade tacos, and I'm pretty sure everything was sugar free except the salsa, which I didn't realize until I took a bite, that it was a sweet mango salsa. Oh well, not bad. Luke also got a lollipop for letting the doctor swab at his eye, but honestly, I wasn't even going to try to fight that. My poor baby was so miserable.

So tomorrow will be our first weekend day, with all four of us home. Weekends are when we tend to go out to eat as a family, or go to the movies, arcade, or miniature golf. Those all typically involve food, much of it sweet. It's going to take some getting used to, finding some new routines, new ways of relaxing, or celebrating.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment