Sunday, March 15, 2015

Sugar Rush

Today the kids and I attended an Easter Party hosted by the moms group I'm in. They served a breakfast with muffins, bagels, croissants, and fruit. I let them each have muffins and juice boxes, and then there was an Easter egg hunt. Chocolate galore. I just sat back and let them enjoy it. (I had one bagel, the lowest sugar of the three offerings, and no juice.)

Luke helped himself to about the four of the chocolate muffins. He had at least one juice box that I'm aware of. I don't think Sam actually had a juice box, he liked that they had small water bottles and he had several of those. I don't think he ever had a muffin either. He's my no sugar convert. He didn't shy away from the chocolate eggs however. He had most of his eaten by the time Luke and I had finished emptying his eggs.

Anyone who has ever claimed that there's no correlation between children's behavior and sugar intake should have come to my house this evening. They were both out of control, loud, and basically vibrating with extra energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment